Keyword Rank Tracker Guide
Keyword Rank tracker allows you to track your website’s ranking within the SERP. With it, you can monitor any keyword and compare its performance on search engines with your competitors.
It is critical to monitor your SEO over time and adjust your strategy to secure the top positions over the competition.
Create a new SEO Project
Choose a Domain
The first thing to do when using the keyword rank tracker is to choose your domain. You can either select your website to compare it with your competitors you’ll add next. Or you can choose any other website to see how it performs within the SERP for the keyword you want to monitor.
These are the first steps to take:
- Add the URL of the website you want to track;
- Select the protocol (you can either choose HTTP, HTTPS, or both),
- Determine what to analyze. Here you can decide to perform the analysis to:
- A specific URL
- A page and its subfolders
- A domain
- To include subdomains (and thus to analyze the entire website)
- Enter a name for your project.
Once you completed the setting, click on the Next orange button to go to the Scan settings.
Now, it’s time to add the keywords you want to compete with.
The keyword tracker will add the keywords il will find. You can decide
- to add new ones manually (just click on “Add another tag” and start typing);
- Import a .csv file you exported with you Keyword List Manager or
- from a list you’ve created with Keyword Explorer.
Once you’ve finished, click on Next to set up the SERPs.
Choose the SERPs you want to analyze
Once you click on Next, it’s time to choose the SERPs you want to monitor.
You can analyze the SERP in more than 35 countries. Just go over the Search Country search bar, start typing, or select the country on the list.
Add search engines
You can also choose to add the SERP of a search engine other than Google. Aside from big G, you can select Yahoo, Bing, and Yandex.
Add a device
Finally, you can choose to analyze the SERP users see when they browse from a desktop device or a smartphone.
When you’re satisfied with your SERPs, click on Next for the last step of the configuration.
Then, go on and choose you competitors.
Here you can choose to add up to five competitors to compare your ranking with. There are some suggested competitors on the right, but you can also add others to your liking. Just go on the search bar on the top. Then choose what to analyze among the URL, URL plus the subfolders, the domain with or without the sub-domains.
Now you are ready to analyze your SEO project! Click on Go to your SEO project and start monitoring!
Choose the keyword to analyze
Here you can monitor the ranking of your website for each keyword. Just click on one to select it.
Trend over time
Now, look at the graph on the right of the trend of the ranking.
Below, you can see the ranking of your website and your competitors within the SERP. Here, you can see which position you and your rivals are in.
Change and filter parameters
What if you wanted to add a keyword or change the competitors you want to compare with? The Keyword Rank Tracker allows you to change any parameter without having to start all over.
Or, you can also choose what information the Keyword Rank Tracker shows you. You can decide, for example, to compare your website with just one or two competitors or look at only one combination of location, search, and device.
Go to the top toolbar and start doing changes!
You can jump from a project to another just by clicking on the down arrow next to the project you are at the moment. You can even start a new one from scratch by clicking on the + track a website button.
Add or remove keywords
What if you wanted to add other keywords to the analysis or remove some? There are many ways to do that. First of all, click on the + Add Keywords button below.
Now you have different options. Just like in the setup stage, you can either import a CSV file from your Keyword List Manager, a saved list from your Keyword Explorer, or add some typing on the text area.
Choose or add/remove SERPs
To select which SERPs you want to analyze, or to edit the ones, go to the location section to open the list of SERPs you chose. To edit the list, click on Edit all locations.
Add or remove competitors
You can also choose to analyze your performance only with some competitors. Just go over the competitor selector and decide to visualize the one you want.
You can also click on edit competitors to add or remove some.
Finally, you can see the ranking over time and select the time window you want to analyze. Click on the calendar button on the toolbar to choose the period.
Here is where things get serious. You can decide to either run the first crawl immediately.
Then you set the rules. You can choose:
- Whether the scan should follow the rules contained in the robots.txt file or ignore them (and thus analyze noindex pages, too);
- The depth, i.e., how many sublevels the bot is supposed to crawl (you can reach a 15 levels depth!)
- How many resources – pages, images, links – should the crawler scan each second (it can go as far as 2,000 resources per second)
- The user-agent: you can either choose to perform the scan with our proprietary bot, or with one of the many Google’s spiders, or with other search engines’ crawlers (Yandex, Bing, Yahoo), or even to simulate a user on one of the many internet browsers.
- The scan speed. Of course, the fastest the crawl is, the less accurate it will be.
Once you’ve finished, click on the Next button to add the keywords.